I have NO idea why for the past few years, I have enjoys surprising the kids so much with a little Leprechaun fun on St. Patricks Day... But I Do!
It started with Tate's homework... I had no idea that his homework the week before St Patricks Day would not be the usual math, spelling, etc- but instead, to build a Leprechaun Trap! At first, I must admit, I was a little put out... He can do his homework himself. A leprechaun trap would take my involvement. But, I am a stay at home mom, with resources- hello Pinterest.com! There are lots and lots of moms way more creative/involved than me, but I was pretty proud of what we came up with-
As you can tell by the art work, I did NOT do this for Tate. It was fun to do together. But- come science fair project years, well that is all daddy!
The morning of St Patricks Day, the kids came downstairs to this-
Special Leprechaun Lucky charms, in overflowing bowls. Why, oh why does the Leprechaun love to make messes for me to clean up? Every year!The Leprechaun also left them mustaches-
awesome Auntie Kristen had given Tate this St Pat's Star Wars shirt to wear to school-
It reads- "Irish you were here!"
Macy decided to wear this to school-
Not the type for dresses, I was shocked. So were a lllllll the parents and teachers at preschool! It looks a little Irish, right? She was SO proud of herself and told me that all the girls in her class would be whispering about how pretty she looked... I hope that was the case!
The silly leprechaun taped down the toilet paper rolls with these stickers-
(Thx for sending the stickers, Grandmommy!)
And he made our gallon of milk green-
The kids were shocked (Macy actually a little frightened...) to see this self portrait of the Leprechaun on the mirror in their bathroom-
About 4pm, I taught the kids how to make green beer-
They were so excited to make daddy his own green beer, but not before posing for a "mustache march" photo with him-
I also made "St Patrick Pie" for dessert. Or at least that is what I called it. It was really Avocado pie-
While Macy and I tolerated it- thx to the lemon taste and graham cracker crust- Tate thought it was kiwi pie and Brian barely could stomach 1 bite, and said it tasted like spinach pie! Never again I promised.
Last year, I found this sign which I love. It is not the traditional Irish blessing... It hangs in our guest room-
When Brian got home from work, he promptly went up and changed into this shirt-

No comments:
Post a Comment