Thursday, May 28, 2015

Time to go

On our weekend away for the food and wine festival, I had told Brian how much I was looking forward to a relaxing morning on Sunday, just laying in bed, watching tv and possibly taking a morning nap even!

As I was laying in bed expressing my happiness about my plans, he muted the tv and said something along the lines of "Farrah, we have to talk." I looked at him confused, and he further added "It's not going to make you happy." Or maybe it was "It's not good." Whatever it was, I knew something was up. But what?

While this conversation would end with lots of tears, here is the funny part:

I seriously thought that he was going to tell me that he'd made spa appointments for us, so my leisurely morning of relaxing was about to be turned upside down. (I can be such a spoiled brat sometimes.)

Looking back, I should have jumped to the conclusion that he had cancer maybe?

Well, he later told me that he phrased it this way so that I might think he was about to tell me he had been having an affair. Because that would be way worse than the truth, which he was about to tell me...

He had found out 2 days prior that he was deploying. To the Middle East. For 5 months and was leaving in 1 week.

WHAT????

While it's been 10+ years since he deployed for any time longer than 1 month, we knew his name must be pretty high on the list, so this didn't come as a huge surprise. But what was shocking, was the fact that he needed to leave in a week. Usually you are given at least 90 days notice.

He said he didn't want to tell me right away, so that we could have a fun time away and not be sad. It was eating him up though! It was a hard pill for me to swallow, but I did...

Because honestly, deploying is WAY better than cancer or a mistress!  

No comments:

Post a Comment