Before Brian deployed, I had read about an organization that makes free photo blankets and pillowcases for children of deployed service members. I thought, what the heck- even if they aren't the best quality, I'd send in the pictures, paperwork and money for shipping and see what they get back...
There was a 2.5 month waitlist! So boy was I thrilled 3 days before our half-way mark for this deployment when the phone rang and telling me ours were done! They arrived the day after our 1/2 way mark, and are WAY better than I ever expected-
The volunteer who made them, whom I now know is named Karen, made sure to add orange to Tate's , since it is his favorite color and incorporated lots of pink into Macy's. You can tell she is a very talented sewer and the quilting is beautiful. They are already being cherished-
For more information on Operation Kid Comfort, provided by the Armed Services YMCA, to request a blanket/pillow. or volunteer your time to sew blankets or pillows- operation kid comfort



No comments:
Post a Comment