Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Awesome April stuff

We decided to go to opening night for the P'Nats Baseball team- and when we arrived, snowflakes were falling!

Who would have thought that on April 7th we would need winter hats and coats? This is Virginia, we live in the south! It was bitter cold...

But, we did get a gorgeous sunset-


Check out these two on 4/13, just willing spring to come! I surprised Macy at school for lunch and couldn't get over she and bestie Katelyn almost twinning- 

I usually wine taste, but this day I was broth tasting-
It was because I was fasting for a colonoscopy. I've had 2 in 90 days. Not fun, but I honestly thank God for giving me a sign- blood in my stool- that something was off. Sure enough, I had a pre-cancerous polyp. The good news is that its been removed! People- don't ignore your symptoms. Remember the childhood book "Everyone Poops?" It's true. Don't be embarrassed if something is wonky- go to your doctor. My doc said the polyp would have become cancerous within 5 years. I would be 46. As medical standards are now, I am not supposed to have a colonoscopy until I am 50. That means if I ignored my symptoms, I would have had cancer growing in me for 4 years before my first scheduled colonoscopy at age 50. Thank you God. 

April is Military Child Month. This is the first time I've ever read this, and its wonderful- and so true!

 Gotta love finding Easter eggs weeks after Easter!

In fact, I found all these one day raking leaves in the backyard-

 We LOVED this movie when we saw it in the theater in December and could not wait for it to come out in April. I watched it two days in a row (once with the sing along version option on) and I think Macy may have watched it 5 time in 5 days with every friend who walked through our door that weekend.


 As a mom of a huge Marvel fan, I am so happy I get this!

 One day I looked down and thought- man that all just looks like summer-

 My dad gave Tate a hatchet for Christmas, and he was psyched to finally get to use it while doing yard work recently!


Our Church small group bible study that we have weekly has been a HUGE part of our life while living here in Virginia. They are our people, our support, our accountability, our family. Some couples have come and gone-a few rather quickly- but our core group has been with the Mann's and Melendez's since we joined this group in Jan of 2015. While we have not always been the leaders, it is a job that we are in now and I loved seeing Brian represent us at the small group fair our church held recently-

 Not sure if I will ever live anywhere again that has so many flowering trees. They are planted everywhere and each spring I am in awe-






Saw this yard on a recent walk, and I had to stop to appreciate it covered in all these perfect petals- and be thankful I didn't have to clean them up!


No comments:

Post a Comment