When I realized that Brian was going to be out of the country for a long weekend in Novemember, I got an idea to invite our besties to go off traveling for a fun mom & me weekend to Bali. And they said yes!
I've traveled all around the world internationally by myself with the kids now- Singapore, Qatar, USA, Indonesia- so this domestic trip to easy peasy Bali felt right.

Laura decided to invite Matt- as the kids wanted to surf, and while they don't need instructors anymore, they still need an adult out there with them. Matt was thrilled to have an excuse to go surf for a bonus weekend away.
Our first stop was lunch at Don Juan's, of course-
Okay, see ya kids!
Laura found a great ocean front resort for us to stay at where the kids could have some independence- and so could we!
Macy & Georgia met with Jolin, who now lives in Bali but who they used to be in school with in Jakarta-
We sat in the swim up pool for almost 5 hours. Even me! Through a rain storm even. It was the perfect way to waste away an afternoon in Bali with girlfriends.
Oh Joan...
Laura loves to taunt me by wearing her hotel robe and slippers OUTSIDE-
There were two restaurants at the resort, so the kids could eat when they wanted so easily and we didn't need to coordinate anything for/with them-
I love the banyan trees here, and this one was exceptionally large-
A beach and a big grassy field- the perfect place for us!
Some fun night games on the grassy field-
Complimentary in-room welcome treats-
Not my birthday yet, but okay!
Alice and I took Georgia and Macy out for some pre-Christmas shopping at all the surf shops
Oh Bali- cool art and lots of roaming dogs
This weekend was one to remember. A huge mom success!
No comments:
Post a Comment