Sunday, February 19, 2023

Sweethearts in Seoul

 When I said “I do,” never did I think we’d celebrate our 20th anniversary in Seoul, South Korea!

We had a lovely weekend away together. We ate very fancy food & we ate night market street food. We rode the bus, the subway & explored parts of the city we hadn’t been to yet. We had massages, relaxed and read.
But what I enjoyed the most was the cooking class we took together. We met the chef at a local traditional market and shopped for ingredients. Then we walked to her home where we cooked 3 Korean dishes- soft tofu seafood stew, bulgogi (marinated beef) & bibimbap (rice bowl). All delicious and a very cool cultural experience to share together.
Actually the part I really, really enjoyed the most? The effortless experience of finally being at the stage where we just left the kids home alone. Bam!

First, dinner at Dear Wild- which was a Micheline Guide recommended restaurant.NOPE NOPE NOPE. It cost us a car payment each, and this is how small dessert was-


The wines were good though-


Our second night in the city we took a night market food tour, which was an absolute hit! Fun group- 



The market was PACKED! I was so thankful that we were on a tour and not navigating it ourselves.




Mung bean pancake- my new favorite winter snack!




Brian was the taste tester for our group, and luckily this was not a worm-


This squirmy and slimy raw octopus tentacles is a fun food to find in SK, and one that I did not try- 


YOu have to chew it so much before swallowing because otherwise it will attach to your throat with this suckers that still have life left in them!

Sunday we met a chef at a local market to buy produce and then walked to her house for a private cooking class in her kitchen- 





















They say the couple that cooks together, stays together! Wait- do they say that? Well, I do! 




So fun to have all these new experiences with Brian. I wouldnt have wanted anyone else with me. And meanwhile, Tate has been away skiing with friends for the weekend on his own adventure and Macy got to stay home alone at our house with Bella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment