Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Surgery Day

Poor Sparky was so happy to have his girl home, but so confused about why she was wearing a big hard cast!


Okay, wake up and let's get this surgery DONE! Macy was in good spirits and we were prepared to be there all day and would do whatever it took to get this completed as soon as possible. We were just praying it was sometime today.

We got to the ortho clinic at 7:30 and out comes the surgeon, Dr Brugmann. He was so pleasant and so confident that I instantly felt like we were in good hands and this was going to happen! He explained that Macy would likely go into surgery at 1pm. Praise God!

We had to have the NZ images uploaded in radiology, she had to be registered for surgery, then head to pre-op. And good news- she was now scheduled for 10:30am. Hallelujah!

Off comes the cast-



And off she goes- 


Lydia came to the hospital to be with me once she went into surgery as Brian had to work after being off for the last 2.5 weeks. And then suddenly they were calling me and she was all done and in recovery. 

Dr Brugman said that everything went great. She could go into a boot in 2 weeks, but no weight bearing for 4 weeks. No spring track season. Bummer. 

That night Reagan, Harper and Bella all came over to check on Macy-


She'd miss this week of school and be laid up on bedrest for the next 3 days.

That night we had our final family Christmas- 



Never grow up Tate, never grow up!

I was so happy to get into bed that night. I don't think I'd slept well at all since the accident 9 days prior. I was so relieved that surgery was a success and this was behind us. Let the healing behind. Physically and mentally. I was very much looking forward to the next 3 days of downtime right alongside Macy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment