Friday, January 31, 2025

Joyful January

I decided to commit to a Dry January this year. Not a Damp January like in years past. No cheat days, not even any sips! 


Complimentary outfits-


Because of the dried oranges and popcorn & cranberry garland, our tree simply just moved outside after Christmas so we could see it and the birds could nibble on it-


Apparently this twinning was not even preplanned-


Loved looking out the window and seeing a cardinal in the tree- 


These silly girls had such a fun drive through experience on our way to the UConn game (even I must admit that it was hilarious- so much so that I tipped the guys well) that they wanted to try to see what happened if they walked through the drive through this time- 


And what happened was a lot more laughter, and free drinks!

Love that these two spent a Saturday night in, sewing together- 


And this what they were making-


Brian made his first mug-



We got to be at Nick's meet for this 100th win! Tate made him a couple great signs, Sara gave the packed crowd noise makers, and it was wonderful to watch and celebrate Nick!


The following day the kids shot off confetti cannons for Nick after our Sunday night family dinner. The confetti made me smile all week-



The family gives blood together.... 


Macy's HS had a blood drive and we all signed up. It was Tate's first time! Sadly, I was dehydrated and after 23 minutes had to stop donating blood. What a waste! Time to up the water intake.

I recently saw these stats about the freshman class at UNH. I love how diverse the class is. I appreciate that while Tate is the average white male, he likely did not get in to UNH because of that. He got in because of the life experience he has to share with others. His diversity comes from the life that we have chosen to live and he has therefore experienced. Thank you Air Force!


I did it! Dry January was a success, and actually quite refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment