Saturday, April 19, 2025

Spring Break with Bella

 Bella came back for spring break!

From NC to CT- how lucky are these girls that their spring breaks lined up for the same week!

The silliness started pretty quick-


I absolutely loved coming home to find Macy with both Bella and Helen!


Make new friends, but keep the old- so says the Girl Scout song I learned in elementary school. So glad Macy has this special ability!

Macy is very interested in possibly attending UMASS Amherst. We'd visited once before, but figured that taking the official school tour would be beneficial, so we did it with Bella. Also visited Amherst College and Smith College in North Hampton (hippie central) and both were gorgeous historic campuses. We grabbed slices from the infamous Antonio's Pizza-


Another day we went to New Haven to see Tate at school and also to show Bella Yale. We got off our beaten path and found some new things on campus, including the Yale President's home- 


We stayed in New Haven overnight (and I had to use my "rape voice" at midnight to prevent someone from entering our hotel room) and took the train into NYC the following morning. Fresh faces and all smiles- 


I let the girls design their day, picking our departures time and all activities. We had a very full and fun day:

MoMA
American Girl
FAO Schwartz
Chinatown
Little Italy
SoHo
NYU
Brandi Melville
Serendipity

Macy selected MoMA as the first stop on our itinerary. We'd been years before, but she wasn't old enough to take it in and appreciate it. Kinda how Bella and I felt this visit- ha! But, it was special to have Bella see THE Starry Night!



Only in NYC-


Lunch at a sidewalk cafe in Little Italy-


Washington Square Park, close to NYU, was on fire with student activity and it was so awesome to just walk around and take it in. Today was one of the first beautiful afternoons of spring, and the students were feeling alive. It was awesome. And a nice break for us-


Bella wanted to take us to Serendipity, where she once visited as a child. In fact she has this same photo from about 10 years prior-


I'd always wanted to go here for the famous frozen hot chocolate myself!



What a day. God gifted us with all his traveling mercies, and the perfect spring weather!


We absolutely hated to say goobye to Bella. She just fits right into our family and I adore having her around and seeing Macy's happiness when they are together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment