My friend Wendy and I started working together in 2000, as Social Workers for Fresno County Child Protective Services. We became fast friends. She was married already, but I was still single. Now we have 5 children between the two of us, only live 3 hours apart- but can never find time to get together!
She had an idea last week of going away for a weekend this summer. I had an even better idea- how about a slumber party THIS weekend? She agreed!
It worked out perfect because her husband was working most of the weekend and Brian was out of town because he flew back to Tennessee to see his "little" brother, Aaron, graduate from his high school-

The kids all got along fantastically! Wendy has Kaden, age 5 1/2 and twin 3 year olds- Selia and Sadie.
The boys loved building with Lincoln Logs, collecting snails in the backyard- and sunbathing after playing in the splash pad at the park-
Macy enjoyed the girls just as much as she enjoyed playing with the boys- you know she loves to pretend to be a spy and collect snails too!
And I loved having uninterrupted time to chat with my "old" friend until midnight! Fingers crossed that our weekend away this summer can be squeezed in still!


No comments:
Post a Comment