Saturday, November 23, 2013

Poor Belle... NOT!

2 years ago, we thought Belle had a tick- but she didn't, she had a small tumor. That tumor grew and grew, into the size of a softball. We finally decided to have it taken out last month...


About 18 months ago, we had the tumor biopsied and we were told that "there were a billion abnormal cells" which lead us to believe the tumor was probably cancerous. Because she had NO symptoms and is extremely healthy at 10 years old, we decided not to do surgery until we had to. That day came and we sent the tumor off for a biopsy after surgery.

Now, for the last 2 years, Belle has gotten LOTS of extra TLC- because we thought she had cancer and her days were numbered...

So boy was I shocked when the vet called to say that the biopsy came back as being CANCER FREE! Belle is my dog, and as much as her shedding KILLS me, I would clone her in a heartbeat, so I was elated to know she is not dying, even if that means I have to vacuum up all that dog hair for a couple more years...

Belle did great after surgery and never once scratched at her incision site on her neck. However, where they had the IV in her leg, she licked raw and the vet was worried it would become infected. So she got the cone of shame-
 She was pathetic! She would drag it along the concrete sidewalk, along the walls in our house, hit it on the door frames- it was SO sad to see.

And she wasn't going to tolerate it. Within 24 hours of getting it, this is how I found her one afternoon-
I have no idea how she managed to bust that thing as badly as she did- maybe Stormy helped? Happy to report she is all healed and life is back to normal. No more extra TLC Belle, you faker!

No comments:

Post a Comment