Monday, December 16, 2013

December- part 1

We have found a balance this year- I decorate the house, Brian decorates the tree. Some people really enjoy it, I do not. 


Thankfully he had some little helpers-


 We also realized this year that while I will happily relinquish control of the tree decorating, I will not do so for addressing the Christmas cards! That I enjoy!

I took the kids to see a Nutcracker puppet show- it was very well done and kept their attention- and mine- the whole time!


After the show, the kids got to try the puppets-



 Last weekend we went to Fresno to celebrate an early Christmas with my family. Can you believe I only got 1 photo? Horrible.

Macy was thrilled to get a bow and arrow from my mom!
MY PARENTS ACTUALLY TOOK MY KIDS OUT FOR THE DAY TO LUNCH AND TOYS R US, SO THAT THEY COULD SHOP FOR THEMSELVES! THE KIDS LOVED IT. THEY USED TO DO THIS WITH MY SISTER'S KIDS. NOW THEY ARE TEENAGERS AND JUST WANT CASH, SO THANKFULLY MY KIDS ARE STILL SMALL AND LOVE GOING TO THE TOY STORE!

We traveled to Fresno and back on the train again- and loved every second of the relaxing 3 hour trip. My mom came back for the week with us too!

Yesterday we had our kids Christmas party for the squadron. Here are Tate and Macy anxiously awaiting the freaky elf to call out their name for a present from Santa-



 Tate had just come from his last football game, hence no cute Christmas-y outfit!



Brian and his coworkers-

 Last night, we went to a holiday party at Brian's bosses house. The invitation said "holiday sweaters welcomed," so Brian couldn't resist wearing this amazing sweater-

No comments:

Post a Comment