Sunday, September 27, 2015

Kids

Macy lost a tooth at school and got the highly coveted tooth necklace to wear around her neck-  


And she started gymnastics-

She goes twice a week now and immediately following her first class, her instructor (Russian born i think) told me he wanted to move her up a level because of her strength. I said no thanks... I just want her to have fun!

I found a Swiss bakery one day and brought home giant pretzels for the kids-

My (step) cousin, Steven Brault, plays minor league baseball for one of the Pittsburg Pirates teams, the Altoona Curve. We were so hoping to see him play a game this year and planned to go to one of his final championship games, as they were playing just about an hour and a half away from us. But, they didn't make it to that final game so we lost out on seeing him play this season... But the kids were delighted to check the mail one afternoon and find a pile of his baseball cards had been sent to them each-

Tate is now a Weeblo-

 And he is playing fall baseball too. Sadly, I have no pictures of him in uniform yet this season. Bad momma. He's playing for the A's


And had a great game last week when he caught a pop fly at 2nd base, which was the final out for the inning. The crowd went wild! Or at least I did...

Tate got an unfortunate hair cut last week... Clearly the incompetent woman didn't hear me say "scissor cut the top" and instead just buzzed it all off-


I don't think it's ever been this short in his life! He's not bothered by it at all and now thinks he looks more like his buddy Joel.

Speaking of buddies. Here is a crazy story about how small the world really is. When we lived in Germany, I was in the same social circle with a girl named Jen Uhlman for our last 6 months there. I heard this summer that she moved to the DC area and thought I'd have to get in touch with her. Well, when I was working at the kids school (dressed as the dolphin) who walked by on back to school night, but Jen and her kids! Turns out they didn't just move to the DC area, but my neighborhood! And even crazier- our sons are in the same 4th grade class too.

We had Mayer over the day before school started, so that he could meet Tate (again, as they were barely 5 when they last saw each other!) and would know someone on the first day of school. They have quickly become fast friends-

No comments:

Post a Comment