Sunday, September 27, 2015

School Days

School started a bit early this year, for this area at least. There is a Virginia law that does not allow school to start before Labor Day. Apparently this began for harvest purposes, and now is because of tourism. But with Labor Day being so late this year, our county applied for a wavier to start school early and the first day of school was Monday August 31.

The night before school started, the kids helped me make up these snack mixes to give to all our neighbor friends-


The poem is adorable and explains that by eating the snack mix before bed, all your back to school jitters would be cured. Hope it worked!



The kids were not thrilled about going back to school- mainly just because they would loose out on so much playtime each day. So I made some fun decorations for the house, hoping that might help psych them up-


I love that Tate not only laid out the first day of school outfit the night before, but also the second day of school outfit too-

I made Macy a #1 pancake for breakfast, for 1st grade-
And Tate a #4, for 4th grade-

Over the summer Tate told me he wasn't sure if he wanted to become an astronaut or archeologist... Guess he forgot about those now that he's back on a Harry Potter kick-


Macy chose "beach police' after our trip to Virginia Beach this summer when she saw a police officer driving down the beach on a 4 wheeler...



Macy's outfit-


The kids went neon this year for sure-


Tate also wore these same shorts on the first day of 3rd grade last year too-

Even the socks are cool-

I had to get to school early, to be Splash, so I gave the kids the option of coming in early with me, or catching the bus with our neighbors. Macy chose to come with me, Tate stayed with his buddies-

Since it wasn't a new school, and no one was starting kindergarten, I really didn't shed a tear or have any nervous feelings for them this year... Bye kids! 

I decided to make them a giant pizza cookie for their after school snack the first day- 

 On Friday of the first week, I brought the teachers in goodies. They tend to be so selective with whom they choose to work in the classrooms, and how often. So these treat bags were just a way to bribe my way in- and it worked! Tate's teacher has asked me to commit to three hours a week. Guess I should be careful what I ask for...

No comments:

Post a Comment