Monday, December 21, 2015

New Christmas cookies ?

My friends in our neighborhood started a cookie exchange last year, and decided to have it again this year. And I decided to try out some new Christmas cookies- which is so unlike me. I am very specific about which cookies I make each year, but for some reason this year I went wild...

Cornflake & marshmallow wreaths-
So easy and tasty. Macy helped me form them and Tate was in charge of the holly berry red hots. And a funny story... I sent a plate of these in to work with Brian, and the two star General he works for told Brian that when he was a kid, his grandmother used to make these and he was the one in charge of the candy berries! Such a sweet memory.

Melted snowmen-
Sugar easy, because I started with a store bought chocolate cookie! I like to say they were "semi-homemade"

And stained glass shortbread stars-

This is an Emeril Bagasse recipe that I first made for Christmas when I was pregnant with Tate in 2005. They weren't my favorite then, and they still aren't. While the look so pretty, the candy center is  terrible. Oh well. At least I tried it again.

And they sure did make my platter look beautiful-
Also on the platter are a peppermint bark cookie- a keeper for sure.

And what a fun night it was. And a late night. I think I fell into bed (after a hilarious walk home with Tiffany again) at 12:45. I had to volunteer at chess club the following morning at 7:30am. OUCH

No comments:

Post a Comment