Monday, January 16, 2017

Family time

I came home from California and craved time with my husband and children. I craved memory making activities with them, and they obliged!

A little hike with some civil war ruins, and ending with the discovery of an awesome new playground!

An evening of bowling... (insert eye roll here, as bowling is not my favorite)

The following day we started with ice skating- no pictures please. Hehe

And finished up with my favorite- rollerskating!

I roller-skated almost every weekend of my middle school years. We had two rinks close by- and one was a wooden floor. That was not our usual place, so it was a treat to get to go there. And it was much softer if you fell!

Well, our local place is a wooden floor-


Imagine my delight! 

I must be honest, I was the only one delighted with this activity. While my kids are great ice skaters, rollerskating is a hard. They would both get it- 

But not without listening to their dad say a few times what a waste of money this all was. I love the music, the lights, the stack bar breaks- everything. I told the kids that we will become regulars once daddy deploys.

No comments:

Post a Comment