My mother loved to garden. After she passed away, I wanted to take up gardening to be able to connect with her still. I decided to go small, very small, with some potted containers on my back patio. This one was my favorite-
Happy to report that all 4 containers did remarkable! Mother nature was kind to me I suppose.
For the first time ever, I baked tofu. And it was surprisingly delicious!
THIS BOOK-
OH MY GOODNESS! It was fantastic. I don't think I have ever finished a book in less than a week. It was so great that I would like to reread it and hope it may become a movie...
...to complain about your FATHER with. And truth be told, parents have each other to complain about their kids with I suppose!
Oh slime. Macy loves it. So much so that I keep the gallon size of Elmer's glue stocked up now. Thankfully, she is super independent and CLEAN, so I always say yes when she asks to make it. See the 5 varieties and colors on the counter here?
This particular one was known for its bubble blowing abilities-
and it did not disappoint!
My grandmother lived on Cape Cod, Massachusetts most of my life. She was an avid beach walker, and collector of sea glass. I too love sea glass. About 20 years ago she made me a lamp, filled with sea glass she had collected. However, I never had a place for my little lamp, so it sadly sat in a closet or box with each move we made. Then suddenly in August I found a home for it- in my office, at work!
It was exactly the warmth that my office needed, and I love thinking of my Gram (now 88.5 yrs young and living in California) each morning I turn on my lamp. She was a single mother, often times working 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meet, and make sure there was a little extra to give her family some little sweet treats. Each day I go to work I think of her, and know how lucky I am to lead the life I live, and to have her still in my life well into my adulthood...
Brian- are you sure you're in the desert and not at the beach during sunset?

No comments:
Post a Comment