Thursday, March 8, 2018

March stuff


I love to sink my teeth into a good parenting book- and this one was a winner for sure! Bottom line- start being the parent, and don't treat your kid like a snowflake.


 This book felt like a hug-

And I loved her perspective of what Bittersweet actually means- 


I am SO over animated movies... But trying to find a movie that both kids will like and that I can tolerate is a bit challenging these days. So here are a few of our winners recently-

McFarland really touched my heart because the town is very close to where my family lives in Fresno. So close in fact that my nieces used to compete against them in track in high school!

This one was so creative-

The kids each had a friend over when we watched this one and it was a hit for all 6 of us- 

 On March 6th we had snow-

Not nearly enough to cancel school sadly though...

We've started a new tradition. The only night we are all always home is Wednesday. So on Wednesdays the kids get to pick what we have for dinner, and we play a board game together. It's meant to give them some choices in what we eat, and to give us a simple night of cooking. However, when Tate said he wanted meatball sandwiches recently, I couldn't resist making homemade meatballs and Claudia's delicious sauce-

Funny story. Last week Macy said she wanted dinosaur chicken nuggets and lettuce. Nope. I got chicken tenders and made a spinach salad. They ate it, but reminded me that no one asked for the craisins, hard boiled eggs or beets- and there wasn't even any lettuce... we all had a good laugh over that!

Over the holidays my boss gave me a little bonus. While I could have used it to buy groceries, I wanted to use it on something for me that would be long lasting and not a consumable- like a really good bottle of wine! So I bought a new bible. It is leather bound and gorgeous, and I especially love the cheerful colored tabs I added -
It makes me smile every time I open it. I also bought a ridiculously frivolous elf sweater with the bonus money as well. That about sums me up, wouldn't you agree?


I was shocked when Macy's girl scout leader sent me this picture-

She said it came across her FB feed!


I love Cheetos, but hate dirty fingers, so in my mind they are not worth eating. Nevermind the calories, its about the dirty fingers people! Ut oh- someone solved my problem for me-

For spirit week, Macy chose to be a professional snowboarder for career day at school- 
She's got high hopes after one mildly successful day on the slopes... but I love her optimism!



My mother LOVED Alaskan king crab legs- and so does Brian. Any time she could splurge on them, she would treat us and it was a BIG deal. So on her birthday this year, without me knowing, Brian went out and got us some to have for dinner in her memory-


If we learned anything from my mom's passing too early in life, it is to not wait for a special occasion. Make today the special occasion.

And so it begins- the long orthodontic process for Tate's teeth-





No comments:

Post a Comment