Macy's cheerleading career is over- for now. She was really good at it, and enjoyed it once she got there, but pretty much every Saturday morning she wanted to skip the game...
If we still have to do snacks, might as well make them cutesy for her squad, right?
![]() |
Tate and buddies a street concert for Macadger's dad's band-
They would ignore the concert all night, sit in a circle and play various card games as the night went on... but they had a blast together, as did we adults so win win!
One night a group of us went to see the comedian Benght Washburn, a fellow military spouse whom we were stationed with in Germany-
He was absolutely hilarious!
And poor Christine got called on stage during one of the opening acts-
Every 3-4 weeks we host our bible study for dinner- going on 4 years now- so I have to get creative sometimes, and this particular week I did a giant salad bar-
The last Tuesday of the month is Gentlemen's Dress Up Day for Tate's 7th grade boys program, and they are encouraged at the very least to wear a colored shirt and any parts that are non-athletic.
Tate went with a tie his first time around. As I write this, another Gentlemen's Dress Up Day has passed and Tate chose to wear a full suit! I do love that his program is so focused on not only academics, but also turning these young boys into successful men with good character.
How could I say no to this?
The girls couldn't wait to wear them to school together on Monday morning! But, I haven't seen Macy's since. Go figure.
For Labor Day, Brian and Tate took off together and headed to Knoxville to spend time with his parents, and complete a big job-
His parents house needed a hand rail and Brian was the buy to do it!He took his parents, borther Aaron and Tate out to a great restaurant The Dancing Bear in Townsend, TN. Apparently the restaurant was phenomenal and it's location perfect, as Townsend is one of the gateways into the Smoky Mountains.
After dinner you can go outside and roast marshmallows in the fire pit. So jealous I didn't get to go too- but Macy had a game to cheer at, so we had to stay back.
One weekend Brian had a boys trip planned- camping and bike ride in Gettysburg, PA. Well, it was so cold and rained so badly that the camping got canceled and the ride got shortened...
But look who they ran into at the finish-line bar-
Macy's Girls On The Run team this year-
One day in September this message popped up and left me speechless-
Of course I remembered her! I too had often wondered what happened to her over the years and was so touched she found me and promised to keep in touch and the next time I am in Fresno we will meet up with our families!
Christine and I decided to take the kids out paddle boarding on Labor Day-
It was a huge success! While Macy and I had done it before, she and her kids had not- but they were quick pros.
The girls are almost too big for this little tree, but it was irresistible and needed to be climbed-
When I was in California Brian took the kids to an event where the local rowing club was doing some demonstrations, and they got to give it a try-
Also when I was in California Brian ended up with an extra kid one morning to feed breakfast and get off to school- and he snapped this picture and sent it to me just to prove how awesome of a Mr. Mom he is-


After church lunch out-
That's Quinn above, Macy's buddy. He recently started going to our church. So after church Macy asked if he could come out to lunch with us, which turned into an all day playdate at our house.
Macy is on the robotics team at OBE this year! And instead of me volunteering as a parent coach, like I did for the 2 years when Tate was on the team, Brian is! They ended up taking some work home, and two of her friends also on the team came over to assist-


These boys. When the school year started, Tate was sad that all his fun sleepovers would be ending. So we came up with a plan for a sleepover for he and his friends at our house every Friday night. That's right- every Friday night. They come off the bus and leave sometime Saturday- and it is wonderful. That's right- it is wonderful. These are nice, easy going, clean, well mannered kids that I enjoy having around. They are self sufficient, respect our rules, and go to bed when told. Done.
And I love hearing the giggles coming from wherever they are!
Brian's office/classroom view-
Tate made his next Boy Scout rank- Tenderfoot!
Yup, this girl still loves to take a bath-






























No comments:
Post a Comment