Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Almost...


We almost made it into 4th quarter without a sick kid this year- almost. Missed it by 3 days... On Tuesday the nurse called, saying that Tate had been in twice that day- okay, okay I'm on my way. As soon as we got outside he felt nauseous but thankfully didn't throw up outside his school- how embarrassing would THAT be? 

 Me: "Tate what radio station do you want?" 
Tate: "Please don't talk to me,,,"

Two of his besties had been diagnosed with the flu in the last week, so I was suspicious that he too may have the flu. We went directly to urgent care- where he puked right outside the door as we walked in.

 Turns out it wasn't the flu, but instead strep throat and double ear infections. When we got home and I unpacked his lunch it was clear to me how sick he was feeling at lunch- he didn't even eat the Oreos I snuck in-

But 24 hours and 3 doses of antibiotics later- he was up and at em, enjoying the sunshine outside reading with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment