Sunday, March 24, 2019

Foodie foodsters

I have enjoyed several other books by Shauna Niequist, but this one I loved- 


It's full of wonderful stories about food, family, friendship and loving/following Jesus- she is my girl!

And I'm hoping to cook many of her recipes in this book... So far:

Salted dark chocolate toffee-

I was in shock that I'd just made toffee-

This dressing/sauce/marinade is a keeper for sure!

I used it to marinade pork tenderloins- as I am trying to have one simple meat dish that i am trying to perfect. I think I am nearly there! This one was with multi colored carrots and multi colored potatoes and all the fresh herbs I could find in the kitchen- it was so pretty

Feeling sick? Warm up a cup of this tea and reap the benefits-

And it looks so pretty all bottled up after I make it!

Tate wanted squid ink pasta- so Brian made us a seafood feast. So much seafood that you couldnt even see the black noodles at the bottle of the dish-

Who in the world makes homemade sausage? Brian does of course-

I have long believed that food should not be a reward for kids, especially in school. Nor should snacks be a pacifier while you are mindlessly watching tv on the couch at home...

I recently read that one reason why it's better to have kids playing video games instead of watching movies/tv is because their hands are busy so they can't mindlessly shove food- crackers, popcorn, candy- into their mouths as easily. Go gamers go!

No comments:

Post a Comment