Thursday, October 24, 2019

The start and the end

Here we go! 

 While I hate living in the chaotic weeks leading up to a move, it always feels so bitter & sweet to have it actually begin!

And what helped make it sweeter was the fact that Sara popped in for one last overnight visit with us- only a best friend can stay with you when you are in survival mode.

Not sure if it was my idea or hers to stop off at Lidl to grab some groceries when I picked her up from the commuter lot, but the things we found- from Shrub soda to German socks and wine- made for a very comical grocery trip!

That evening our neighbors Lee and Becky brought over dinner- they love to cook and it was outstanding! We had paper plates, but real wine glasses. Priorities!
 I was so sad that this little season of Sara so frequently getting to pop in to be part of our family had to come to an end... vacations are wonderful, but everyday life together is even better.



No comments:

Post a Comment