Macy's class took a field trip to Sekola Alam, or Nature School, and I was able to volunteer as a chaperone. And boy was I glad I got to go along and have this experience. The school- what they are teaching and doing- is amazing.
The younger students all came and said hello-
What a great way to recycle water bottles-
tires-
boots-
The actual school complex was lovely. This is a private school and tuition is rather high we were told.
The kids got to play on the playground together-
The students are taught to raise, and sell, animals such as goats and rabbits-
they also have a giant recycling center-
Apparently all the staff ride motorbikes?
The students also grow, and sell, plants-
And compost! Our kids got to do some digging-
For lunch the students all gathered in a classroom, ate lunch, played a game and did a craft together-
It was so great to have a glimpse into such a special program that is surely changing lives locally!




















No comments:
Post a Comment