There was never a questions about if were were going to gather this Thanksgiving- nope, no thank you! Brian had worked weeks and weeks of overtime all of November, so we wanted to make Thanksgiving a precious time for just our family of 4- and I am so grateful that we did!
The morning started out with the kids going to school (in their rooms... they would have Friday off this year- which I was delighted about) and Brian & I met up with our neighbors for a 5K Turkey stroll-
We walked through neighborhoods that I never would have found- it was so great. And afterwards we all met up for breakfast and mimosas at the club- then home to get cooking!
But, I found it a tad harder than I'd expected-
Way to keep me humble...
We made Thanksgiving dinner plates for our staff so that they could have lunch together the following day and try a taste of American Thanksgiving-
This year we have so much to be thankful for, as usual. Even though we have had our share of hard days, the good days have out numbered the bad. And even during the darkest hours, we were learning lessons about strength, adapting and overcoming- and for all of that, I am grateful. Oh yeah, and I'm so grateful for pumpkin bread this year too!
And because the kids had Friday off this year- we got to watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles with them for the very first time.





No comments:
Post a Comment