Monday, February 1, 2021

February happened?

Did February even happen? Our driver got covid and he was fired. We all had to go into another round of quarantine for 14 days- including our pembantu Ibu Ani, who became symptomatic on day 10- and tested positive too. We had to hire a new driver, Brian had to fly back to the states for his dad's funeral too. During all of this my boss had to leave for a family emergency back in the US also. So at one point I was without a husband, boss and pembantu- that is NO WAY TO LIVE! 

Some fun highlights from a very harsh month... 


While in quarantine, the boys had plenty of time to play with the birds- 


I ate my last ration of Easter candy which I have hoarded and savored from 2020. Ugly? Yes. Tasty? You better believe it!

Brian designed a new attachment for our outside grill so he can slow roast meat- 


Alllll day long.


Dad & me quarantine livingroom exercises- 


Fun with friends at the club-

Brian wrote an beautiful and touching obituary for his dad- 






We count wait to have Brian home again. It was such an emotional time for us to be apart. I will always ben heartbroken that he buried his dad without his wife and kids by his side...


We started a deal with Tate that if he wants to watch a show during the week on a school day, he has to do it while at the gym- and he did it! 


Brian captured this photo when he was flying out of Jakarta- 


I have perfected my chai tea recipe and now make a big batch on Saturday morning for the week-

and I have perfected the frothy foam on top too- 


This is how I telework- two computers, two phones. It is too much. 


We celebrated Chinese New Year (a holiday here) by eating our way through the day. First, a traditional Toss Salad- 

And for dinner, some dim sum- 


I have really been missing crafting. So Macy and I made some Vick's vapor shower melts- 

So pretty right? 


I remember having this product when I was pregnant with Tate and had a head cold. I couldn't take any medicine because I was pregnant, so these were wonderful- and also just enhanced my whole shower experience, making it smell like a spa. 

Macy and I chose lavender & eucalyptus. Sounds lovely right? 

Nope. They were a total bust and ended up in the trash can. Oh well. 

See ya February. You were one step away from the trash can yourself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment