Sunday, January 31, 2021

Fun things in January

 Macy read a series of books called The Cupcake Diaries- so she wanted to make cupcakes!



Macy can't wait to get to the orthodontist, so for now a tinfoil retainer will have to do- 
I absolutely remember doing that myself!

I've switched from coffee to tea, and have been getting creative with making my own teas. Mostly herbal- like ginger & turmeric- but recently I've been experimenting with Chai, even roasting my spices- 

Macy had her friends over and they made a snickerdoodle sugar scrub- 


Which made me want to make a few myself- 
Year ago I made them for Christmas teacher gifts, and I'd forgotten how easy and lovely they were!

Macy in action during Muay Thai training- 


Fun times at the Kirkham's with their super friendly birds-


I gave making bagels a try- 


They were a hit. Egg & everything bagel were the favorites. And I also tried homemade pretzels- 


The regular ones were good, the garlic ones even better and the best so say the kids were the cinnamon sugar ones! 

I think I must have been craving carbs in January, because I also make some baked pumpkin donuts with a brown sugar glaze- 



Recovering from the accident is on-going... still can't sneeze without rib pain or sit comfortably because of my tail bone, but this pillow really helps. Yes, I am almost 90 years old. 


The kids and Brian took a 2 hour into to scuba diving class (which I took here pre-evacuation) and they all loved it! Now to begin their certification... 


My office has paired up with famous Indonesian Chef William Wings to do a series of in-home tasting menus. This one was 6 different noodle dishes and it was a real cultural culinary tour for our family- 

No comments:

Post a Comment