I remember going to the mall when I was a kid in middle school with friends, without parents, and it was just enough freedom and independence for us to have fun and not get into any trouble. The drag was always how we would get there as many parents worked and others just said no more often than we wanted them to!
We live within walking distance to a great mall. It's perfect for middle schoolers to handle on their own. When we first moved here, Tate (in 8th grade) would walk to the mall (having to cross a few dicey intersections) to get sushi for lunch or see a movie with the other neighborhood boys, several of which were in 7th grade. I was shocked, but thought "when in Rome..."
Now it's Macy's turn. One mom was hesitant, so I offered to walk them to/from, but then go hide out in the mall (with my book and a tasty lunch) while they did their own thing. But first, I had to be that mom and get a pic-
These are our people here. From Saturday night game night to epic vacations, we are almost always going to choose the Richardson's and the Kirkham's-
And some goofiness-
No comments:
Post a Comment