Sunday, October 31, 2021

Halloween happened!

 Ever since Tate was a toddler in diapers, he has had this halloween pillowcase. I just had to capture him asleep with it still this year- 


My office sold fun halloween masks this year as a fundraiser-


Last year Macy wanted to be a tumbleweed for halloween, but did not have a plan as to how to make a tumbleweed costume. And neither did I. So she bought one. This year she was still wanting to be a tumbleweed so Brian dug deep to come up with a rough plan and took her out to get the supplies. But we were insistent that SHE had to do the work and make the costume. Sure, sure. Yup, yup. Well, about 4 days before halloween, she finally started it! 

Her artsy friend Bella came to her rescue a few afternoons after school and helped her- 


We hosted a Halloween coffee morning at work and I encouraged everyone to dress up, and they did! I was of course Frau Farrah- 


Our world was barely coming out of Covid (Delta) at Halloween, so Julie & I had to be very careful, but our office planned a big Halloween bash for kids & adults, which was a huge hit, but also a huge amount of work. Allllll the supplies we had to transport-


All ready to welcome our guests!


It's a family affair in my office- I could not have done it without Brian & Tate volunteering. Luckily, all their friends were there too, so it was still quite fun for all.

Teenagers and toilet paper- what could go wrong?



Not the best pic, but it captures some of the crowd



Guess who won best costumes? My neighbors Chris & Sym-


2021 and I once again had all the ingredients I needed for Mrs. Rockwell cookies to get made-

Huge shout out to Lynn who has always kept us (Tate) stocked with candy corn each year!

Halloween night Macy wanted to invite 5 neighbor families over for a bbq before everyone went out trick or treating in our tiny neighborhood together. It was a super fun gathering for us all. 



When the kids went out to trick or treat, Brian set up the projector in the backyard for some after trick or treat fun- 

I won't miss hot halloweens anymore!

Ben is American, but not with the embassy community, so for 2 years he has trick or treated alongside Tate-


Same with Georgia-


And there it is above- the tumbleweed costume! She got it finished, and wore it to school on halloween actually even. She was so proud of how it turned out. And I'm certain that most of the pride came from the fact that SHE did it on her own. 

Brian's office decided to be daring and host a halloween party this year for our international attache community. As halloween is purely American, it was such a fun night for everyone. 

Me, Kellie (Australia) and Esmerlda (Netherlands)



Australia and France did get the "must be in costume" memo apparently- 




No comments:

Post a Comment