Monday, May 30, 2022

Macy turns 13

Macy's birthday actually fell on Memorial Day this year- but sadly, she still had to go to school because she doesn't get American holidays off here! 

The celebrating started on Saturday- with some borrowed decorations from a neighbor, because all our traditional bday decorations were gone. Poor Macy.






Georgia slept over and they did what they do. Walked to get ice cream, walked to get Starbucks, ate dinner at the club and hung out at the park. They are just so sweet together and I'm so glad they had one more birthday to celebrate together! 

A personalized JIS water bottle was the prefect school swag to move to SK with-


Off to the mall for Starbucks- 


And Top Gun 2! I loved that Macy chose to see that with us for her birthday. Felt like a present to me!


WHo doesn't love a personalized birthday banner made from a paper towel?

And gifts mostly wrapped in trash bags- 


But- there were gifts! And she loved them. This was a telescope she saw in Bali that she wanted-


A surf board sock from G'mommy & g'daddy-


A new camping backpack from dad- 


A bit sad that the balloons didn't hold up well, but I really like this picture because you can see Macy's suitcase-  full of her only current possessions- in the background


This is 13-


 Oh Macy. As I've said before- you are  the daughter I always wanted. I love that you are drama free. Sporty. Easy going. Dog loving. Curious about the world and invested in finding ways to make it better and show kindness to others. You are brave. And funny. You can rock an Australian accent and always bring a smile to my face when you do! Don't change kiddo. You make me proud and it is so easy to be your mother. It is my pleasure and honor actually. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment