Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Awesome August

Harvest moon, cool moon, whatever kind of moon- it was way more amazing that this picture shows- 



The best part about moving boxes- playing in/with them-


I hoped when I volunteered for VBS only weeks after arriving here that I would meet some friends- and I did! Lydia & Cynthia- plus Liz, not in this picture.-



Sparky's first bath-

We have GINORMOUS spiders here-


Macy was thrilled to unpack winter gear that we picked up in CT & VT on this HOT summer day- 


Cafe culture is HUGE here. Not my thing, but one day after church we went to check out our first one- Main St Cafe, which is all American themed- and the milkshake masterpieces did not disappoint the kids- 


Off to work in the rain he goes- with his cheerio snack-  


Look at this beautiful boy- 


Macy loves Gimbap- which is a vegetable & egg  rice roll, so the girls got a kit a the local grocery store and made it themselves-


We are all so in love with Sparky-


Macy, Bella & Bella- with a photo bomb from Cole- 


These foot reflexology paths are no joke-


found in a lot of korean parks, you walk barefoot along the path which is made of up various size rocks/pebbles. OUCH.

Sparky is always close by-


Macy's dinner night was a delicious steak- topped with tomatoes and crumbled cheese- 


Back to school day- and I was so happy that Macy had Lucille- who she met volunteering for VBS with- to walk the halls with- 


Tate is now a Blackhawk- Protect the Nest is the school motto!


Sparky's throne/couch came with a pillow and it's hilarious to see how the pillow ends up while he naps- 



Most often Sparky sleeps with Macy- 

I feel like this was a revenge move because he hogs her bed she says- 


Payback!

The girls went big to celebrate Bella pink's 13th bday- 

Green grass, blue skies- in our backyard is where you can most often find me-


I can't get enough of the clean air and easy access to nature and the ability to just be outside again! I forgot how much I missed that in Jakarta. Although it is HOT and humid here still...

I started a 10 week cultural immersion class that is offered by a local Korean community center. Each Friday we meet to learn about different topics first in the classroom- 


And then we go out to lunch & on a local field trip. This day was to the Tongbok market-

It's been a good way for me to meet people and discover local places that I then take Brian & the kids to!

Even in the rain, the girls WANT to walk to school together-


 

No comments:

Post a Comment