We were very much looking forward to Halloween here- cool autumn temps and an big American trick or treating night on post! Apparently our neighborhood is where everyone comes and a neighbor shared this picture when asked how much candy we should buy?
OH MY GOODNESS! Apparently it's wall to wall people and a ton of fun. Hadn't budgeted for that, but okay...
I also did not budget for this giant pumpkin, which i really wanted at the commissary, but just could not justify buying-
But I did buy a few and liked how our front porch looked-
Always fun to see where the decorations go for the first season in a new house. I loved the bats-
Had to share this picture with my sister as we got these ghosts below on a trip to Massachusetts when Tate was 2. So this ghost has somehow survived 14 halloweens outside all around the world-
New country for Mrs Rockwell cookies-
I did not want this tv thingy in the kitchen when Brian bought it. BUT- I must admit that I've come to love the "on this day" photo slideshow it gives me every single day. I smiled when 3 yr old Tate and Nick at the pumpkin patch in Germany popped up while I was making Mrs. Rockwell cookies here in South Korea 13 years later-
Macy had a great idea for a halloween costume that she was going to make and keep a secret from all her friends until trick-or-treaking. A "cereal" killer-
It came out SO great!
There was lots of fun on post leading up to halloween- trunk or treats and two very different haunted houses (one family friendly, the other not-so-much) that the kids enjoyed with their friends.
Macy & crew- Jones, Macy, Owen, Tucker, Austin, Bella & Cerise-
Love living on post because they walk or bike everywhere so I'm almost never ever giving rides.
And then suddenly- trick-or-treating was canceled. On Sat Oct 29, 159 people were killed and 196 others were injured when a crowd crush occurred during Halloween festivities in the Itaewon neighborhood of Seoul. The country went into a period of mourning for a week and out of respect to our host nation, all Halloween festivities on post were canceled.
Not going to lie- it was so very sad for our kids, who haven't had a proper halloween since 2019 because of covid, but they understood and look forward to next year...










No comments:
Post a Comment