Saturday, October 1, 2022

Let's go to the beach!

Last week Brian had a much needed and long awaited hernia surgery- and was very limited in what he could do for his first 2 weeks of healing. So I decided to get him out of the house and go to the beach for the day. I even drove! Which is rare because he doesn't love my driving, so I'm usually a passenger princess.  

Our first stop was this weird space ship cafe- because why not?



We decided to go to Daecheon Beach. We'd never been to the east coast or the west coast, both only about 1.5 hours away. 

Not the best beach day, but we found a wide, clean beach that was perfect for taking a slow stroll along. 





The water was cold, but not at all terrible. But no one was in it. In fact, almost no one was even on the beach.

Lunch time! It seemed like all the places we walked by were serving fresh seafood- yes please! We said yes to some random spot, and were in for an experience!



It was a feast!All grilled at our table- and some of the seafood was still moving...

This is the same beach where the hugely popular summer mud festival is held each year-


Mud Princess statue?

Hope we didn't just eat this guy's buddy...


This was the one thing that I wanted to do!


But I was thrilled with all the beach glass we found-

The rice fields were so vibrant on the way home. They are starting to turn from green to golden now- 

No comments:

Post a Comment