Friday, June 9, 2023

Neighborhood Hike

First Friday of summer- and I dragged the kids out hiking at 9am. Only 2.7 miles- but all the ups & downs made this no walk in the woods, but a true mountain climb. So glad they had their friends with them- wayyyy less complaining that way!

We started at Sesimsa Temple, where we quietly watched & listened as a monk inside chanted his morning prayers


"Mom take our picture!" These two make me nervous-


We'd later almost pass right by this museum off in the distance- 






Is she trying to push me off the cliff-





The cutest water fountain in all of Korea I think- 



Not sure- 


Stairs-


They were killer- 


And there were 956 of them-


When I got to the top, Tate's buddy Sebastian was playing the Rocky theme song for me.

The mountain was once a walled fortress at the top and parts of the wall still exist-





So grateful that 3 other neighbor families- Megan, Kai-lin & Seth (who lead us) wanted to join us on this hike-


 

No comments:

Post a Comment