As a kid my dad always carved pumpkins with us, and we were usually able to invite a friend over for the fun. With this being Tate's last halloween at home with us (I teared up putting on his halloween pillow case earlier in the month...), I knew we had to make sure this happened.
After dinner Macy, Brother Ethan, Fake sister Bella, Tate & Sam all set in carving-
Team Tate & Sam needed some assistance-
Bella, the compition judge, carefully looked on-
Hades was happily wearing my mom's witches hat-
Ethan could not remember a time before this when he carved a pumpkin at halloween!
Strong Sam was NOT a fan of the "icky-gooey guts"
Macy & Ethan’s “Jack the Skeleton” pumpkin-
We haven’t had a maskless night of trick or treating since 2019. Boy did this one make up for it- it was a Halloween to remember!
Neighbors told us it would be wild and they were right about that! About 2000 kids in 2 hours- it was crazy fun.
My favorite part was when kids would recognize me and say “Heeeeey, I know you from the lunch room!” It was like they were surprised I didn’t live at/in the school.
Such a fun night celebrating a truly American holiday that we appreciated more than ever this year after so many wonky years in a row over the past 3 years overseas.
Almost immediately after seeing the Barbie movie, Tate bought the "I am Kenough" sweatshirt. He planned to be Ken for Halloween. And with his long hair, he'd be perfect!
But then he changed his mind....
Frat Boys, Brad and Chad-
When Brian heard that the Brabie sweatshirt was up for grabs, he found his wig and off we went for a neighborhood walk before the madness began. No one recognized him. He is actually talking with a neighbor in this pic-
Who wore it best?
Brother Ethan is ready-
All the kids friends came for chili and then headed out trick-or-treating together-
Ken was delighted to see Barbie-
And another Barbie-
The best costumes of the night-
It was a madhouse-
We could not keep up. Kids were standing in line for candy!
I love constant trick or treaters all night long. But in groups of 2 or 3. Not groups of 10 or 20. For 2 hours straight. It was joyful chaos, but I just wish there was a slow motion button I could have pressed. It was too fast and furious. But then, at 7:59- it was practically a ghost town. Military kids are rule followers I guess!

























No comments:
Post a Comment