Sunday, February 9, 2025

Skiing in VT x2

When the snow comes, the Leadbetter's head north to ski- and this time we all joined them! Tate was already planning to come home on Sat for Superbowl Sunday, so even he got to come along! 

And thankfully we were able to keep costs low by borrowing a bunch of gear from the Leadbetter's and our landlords. Dolly, our TN car, looked the VT skiing type thanks to the borrowed roof box even-


Saturday night we stayed in the sweet little town of Brattleboro. We got there a bit ahead of the LEadbetters, found a brewery for dinner and hunkered down to save the table and play cards with our kids. After dinner we all went back to our hotel and played Euchre- kids too- while the snow started pouring down. So perfect.

Up early and headed to Stratton Mountain- but first, the kids needed a 8am napitizer- 


One broken snowboard binding, one ski rental mess and we were finally ready- along with ALL the other people who came chasing the fresh powder on Superbowl Sunday-


Because of Macy's broken ankle, I did not ski at all last year. Off we go-


I like to ski, i don't love to ski. It's always been like this- even when I started skiing in 5th grade, it's always been like that for me. I love an awesome green run, feel adequately challenged on a blue run and never want to do another black! 

Brian was so wonderful to stay with me while everyone went ahead because I'm slow and I don't want to slow anyone down. I joked that I'm a solo skier!


So grateful for this group!


Sara & Chris were awesome about taking Macy & Tate along with them-


I broke away from the group to try solo skiing and stick to the greens and I was SO happy. Had to stop to capture the beautifulness of my surroundings and my happiness too-


But then I got lost and my prince charming showed up out of the blue and I must admit, I was a tad relieved! 

We had planned to leave the moungtain early-ish, so that we got home with time to spare before the game. The kids were so happy to do several more runs after our late lunch that we were happy to get home late. 

With our transient lifestyle, traditions are important to us, especially since our kids don’t have a lot of deep roots in any one place.
After taking the last 5 years off from our beloved Leadbetter & McCullough Superbowl tradition, this year we got to do it again! And the best part was that we simply got to walk home after the game.

Sparky spent the night at the Canny's when we were in VT. I grabbed him before we settled in to watch the game, and he was very happy to be reunited with his girl!


And I'd say the feeling was mutual- 

It was a very memorable Super Bowl Sunday all together once again!


No comments:

Post a Comment