
Sunday we celebrated Christmas as just a family of 4 finally! You all have seen enough Christmas pictures already, so just imagine us opening gifts again now! So many of our gifts were from our German friends. How lucky and loved we are to have received boxes from Kimberley, Sandra, Claudia and Susanne.
A couple months ago Sara and I started thinking about the possibility of she and the boys coming to visit us after their move home from the states. Well, it's actually happening! On Saturday, The Leadbetters left Germany and moved to DC! Next Wednesday they will arrive here for 12 days with us. Im sooooo darn excited! I told the kids about this visit and immediately, they started asking "Is Nick coming tomorrow?" everyday! So I made them a paper chain to count down our days til Nick comes-

Macy can now wear pony tails! They are tiny, but at least she has hair enough for something!

Tate returned to school and got a big surprise... He was one of the top sellers for the fall fundraiser and earned 2 hours in this game truck as a reward! It must have been the best 2 hours of his life! (And Brian and I went broke for it!)

Tate started playing basketball last week. He is playing in a league on base and plays for the Spurs. He has 3 coaches, with just 10 players. They a serious! And he seems to really like it...

"Super Flower Girl Rescues Naked Baby!" (just another fun morning of dress up here at our house)

I found the coolest kid haircutting place here! Tate got to sit on a motorcycle, although I thought he would have chosen the Hummer, and watch a movie while getting his hair cut. The stylist finished his hair by adding "gorilla snot" gel! I think Tate will want to go here until he is 14 now!

Brian left again yesterday, this time for 2 weeks in Hawaii. This is his first time in Hawaii and although I'm a bit jealous, I have a long to-do list to accomplish while he is away. First up- getting the kids healthy! They have had sinus infections forever! Macy first got sick 12/3. On 12/23 they were both in the ER in Knoxville and were given antibiotics. They seemed to get better, but a few days after the antibiotics ended they were both sick again. Last week they started another round of antibiotics and I pray that this round has kicked it! I too was sick last week, but thankfully I think I'm over it.
Parenting is hard enough with 2 parents and healthy kids. It's been a little extra challenging lately with Brian gone so much and the kids sick! I didn't really realize just how much Brian has been gone since we returned to the states until a couple friends, also military, pointed it out. I guess I'm just thankful that during all these trips, Brian is not deployed long term in a war zone. God knows what you can handle and that's why he sent the husbands of a couple of my close friends... They are strong wives, I have nothing to complain about.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment