We got there a little early, so I snapped a few cute pics of the kids with the Christmas decorations that were still around town-




Tate wanted to take one too- and besides Brian yelling at him to just take the picture, he did a good job!

We met up with my aunt and uncle, walked "the strip" and had a great lunch at the brewery in town. After lunch we noticed this giant chair and couldn't resist climbing in it!


Tate was so excited to see THE bumble bee transformer car in one of the places on the strip!

My aunt then suggested taking the chair lift up the mountain and we didn't hesitate. It's goes up 1,800 ft to a scenic overview at the top. It was a perfectly clear, warm December day- so why not?
Brian rode up with Macy and I took Tate. After about 30 seconds, I thought "Are we crazy? Why are we taking our kids up this thing?!"
It was simply just a chair lift- no seat belt, just a flimsy bar- essentially wide open! I thought for sure Tate would wiggle and slip out.... Or I'd loose my shoe or purse. I grabbed him tight and up we went...
Of course all was great and it was awesome- and we'd do it again! Brian, who hates heights, somehow managed to even snap a picture of himself and Macy going up!

My aunt and uncle at the top

And us

Going down... Tate and I are down there somewhere!

We made it to the bottom just fine, took a break to eat some fudge and said our good-bye's. It was a perfect day full of sunshine and family!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment