This is not the best picture, but guess what?!?!?
Macy is riding a bike! She has mastered her German run-bike and was asking us to ride a pedal bike. We reluctantly agreed (I didn't think she had a chance, honestly!) So back in early February we went to the park and she was able to pedal and balance for a few seconds on her own! We were both amazed.
I took her out a second time and she did great for minutes at a time, never falling. Last week I took her out again and now she is starting off on her own even! She doesn't need any help and gets mad if we try to help her. She amazes us! On two occasions now, parents at the park stopped to ask how old she was and I felt so proud to say "Only 3 1/2!"
(I remember it taking one week of nightly attempts with Brian for Tate to learn and then we had to help him get started for months and months afterward- while I was pushing a stroller too! Ugh)
When the stores brought out the huge Valentine's Day teddybears, Macy couldn't resist climbing up on the shelf for a quick snuggle-
A couple months back we got some crabs during crab season and much to my surprise, Macy was very curious about the crabs and brave enough to hold them-
My mom recently made this blanket for Macy-

Macy is back in swimming lessons! And this time for real, with swim cap and googles even!

I have been trying to have Macy's friend Leah over more often so that Macy can have some girl time! How could these two munchkins make such a big mess?
Leah loves princesses. She saw all of Macy's princess dresses and immediately asked to wear one. I gave her one and asked Macy if she wanted to dress up too. (She never does...) And she said "No thanks. I will be the prince." Later on during the playdate I heard Macy say, "Let's play house. You be the mom and I will be the dad." Of course! My little tomboy...
When we were in Hawaii and Tate had to go to the ER with my mom, Macy went to my friend Chris' house. Chris has 3 children- 5 yr old Abby and twin 4 yr old boys, Ryan and Lucas. Lucas is Macy's best friend. Chris fed, bathed and dressed Macy for my mom that night before bringing her home... Macy not only got to wear Lucas' pajamas home, but also got to take a bath with him!
A few funny Macy stories to remember-
-While eating grilled cheese sandwiches recently, Macy asked out of the blue, "I wonder why they are not called Boy Cheese sandwiches?" My mom was here and the two of us, along with Tate, all looked at each other puzzled. Then it hit me- she has always thought a grilled cheese sandwich was being called a 'girl cheese' sandwich!
-Now here is something wayyyyyy out of the blue. (Our dog is named Stormy, btw) While driving in the car, "Does Stormy have a vagina?" (Crazy, right?)
-While grocery shopping in the cleaning product aisle, "Hey that is OxyClean!" Me: "How the heck do you know what OxyClean is?" Macy: "I saw it on TV." (Great!)
-Macy woke up, came into Tate's room to find me, still rubbing her eyes, looking half asleep and the first thing out of her mouth, "I want to go to Disneyland for my 5th birthday." Well, okay then.... The conversation went on throughout breakfast and Macy said she wants to high-five Peter Pan and have her picture taken with the princess Belle while at the park. I was surprised she mentioned a princess at all and asked if she wanted a picture with all the Princesses, she said no. I said " Do you think Merida from Brave will be there too?" Macy says, "No, because Merida is cool." Clearly, Merida is not a princess is her mind and if you are a princess, you are not cool. Macy often uses the word "cool" to describe boys- or if someone says she looks pretty, she will correct them and say she looks "cool."
While talking about this fictitious trip to Disneyland, Macy asked if we will stay in a hotel when we go. And Tate pipes up, "Yes, for 3 nights and 4 days." I asked where he got that from and he said "TV!" Of course! And I swear we don't even watch much TV!


No comments:
Post a Comment