Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Macy

Oh Macy.... who ever thought that 3 years ago I'd love you as much as I do today? Macy loves to hear stories about when she was "little" and I constantly remind her that from 6 months until 24 months she was MISERABLE!!!!! If you weren't around her then, it is hard to believe. But for those of you who were, I know you'd agree with me!!! 

Then all of a sudden, she turned two and we left Germany the next day. Viola- 48 hours she was practically a different kid! And I haven't complained (much) since...

Macy is ALWAYS giving me crap. A leaf from the bus stop, some drawing she made at school, a twist tie from the grocery store- anything! She always wants to give me something and I quickly recycle it, or (sorry) trash it.... Then I read this- 

WOW!

That was so eye opening to me! She loves me the most, always had, no doubt about it. (That was pretty much the entire problem from 6-24 months old!) So, of course she wants to give me anything she has! And she doesn't have much to give... I feel great just going to the consignment store and bestowing upon her a "new " pair of pink sparkly shoes- oh to see her smile! But, she can't do that for me, so of course the random leaf from the bus stop makes sense! Since reading this, I have been WAY more gracious when receiving her "gifts." But, I'm not going to lie... I don't keep em all!

Macy loved seeing the play Alice in Wonderland recently and was so brave to go up and ask Alice for her autograph and a picture- 

Macy has been taking swim lessons for the past 2 months. We've loved her swim coach and when we found out she was offering a dive class, I signed both kids up! They LOVED it- and were often the only ones- score! Here Macy goes through the hoop, and Tate is standing in line to go next- 


I recently had to take Macy with me to set up for our OSC auction. She saw that there was a Frozen themed silent auction basket and couldn't stop talking about it. That night before Brian and I headed out to the auction, she begged Brian to buy the basket for her. He explained that someone else might buy it and told her not to be disappointed if we didn't come home with it....

Well, guess what? 

Yup, that is Macy upon waking up to find the giant Olaf snowman in her bed and the beautiful handmade Anna dress hanging on her bed! He said he would have spent $500 on that basket if he had to that night, so that he wouldn't have to disappoint her! Luckily, it didn't costly nearly that much- but I did tell him that if HE was the stay at home parent, we'd be broke and homeless because he would have a horrible time telling her NO everyday!

I went in to check on Macy recently during her nap and found this-
Apparently she stuck her ball in her shirt before falling asleep! What a sight.

Crazy hair and sock day at Pre-K: 



We recently visited Brian at his office and I walked out to the car first. I couldn't resist snapping this picture when I saw them coming-

And how about this one? Even sweeter- 

No comments:

Post a Comment