Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Dates!

Once the dust started settling in July, Brian and I took advantage of having my mom staying with us and went out on our first real date in a while!! 

We went to a little town called Occoquan, which was settled by Native Americans in 1804. It is adorable, sits along the Occoquan river and is less than 10 minutes away. 

I love all the historic buildings and we have found some cute shops, good restaurants and get this- a wine bar! Around the corner is an amazing bakery and wine shop- aptly named Mom's Bakery and Mom's Wine Shop. I've said I don't know who Mom is, but I think she and I could get along great! 

This night we went to a French restaurant, sat outside and had some amazing muscles!

We enjoyed our date so much, that the following weekend we decided to sneak away for 2 days! We headed into DC via metro (so easy when it's just us!), checked into the W Hotel and went out to explore!

We decided to go to the Newseum, since the kids would NOT want to go there-

We found 3 rooftop bars to enjoy!

Of course a selfie with the White House!

We ate dinner at Old Ebbits Grille, DC's oldest restaurant! (And great oysters!)

Sunday we went to breakfast at The Founding Farmers, which was fantastic. Check out these cute houses, with new modern buildings built right around them!
Sunday we went to the Holocaust Museum, again somewhere we would not go with the kids. It was so well done. And so very sad.

Overall, an A+ as far as weekends away go! And the company was the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment