Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I need a break

 Brian's job requires travel. About once a month he is gone for up to a week.  I try to keep our routine similar while he is away, but I have decided that from now on- we need some fun, and I need a break!

I recently took the advice of my dear friends Sara and Diane and took the kids to Ikea one night while Brian was away...

I checked them into the play place for 1 hour of free playtime (they were thrilled!) and headed upstairs with my book, and grabbed my free coffee- just two of the perks of being an IKEA "family member."

I couldn't have been happier-

I was even thrilled with the bathroom at Ikea! Why don't all stores have these?

And look at this secret (mom) area I found-

I made myself cozy there with my book until the buzzer went off for the kids. Then we grabbed some dinner there (swedish meatballs? yes please!) and headed home. Kids and moms all love IKEA!

That same week while Brian was away (In Germany, at the Christmas markets, drinking gluhwein without me), I met my friend Amy for a matinee movie. We saw Wild, which was just as good as the book. But even better than the movie, was the theater! Yes, they had the usual concession stand- but they also had a full bar-

And you could take your drinks right into the theater! And in the theater? All leather recliner seats-
 It was such a treat!!!

The next day I was invited to a cookie swap & gift exchange in the neighborhood. I seriously don't think I have laughed this hard in a year! I didn't get home until midnight, after telling the babysitter 10 at the latest. Oops. These chics are just too much fun-

And I found some new cookies too! Raspberry almond thumbprints (Kristen), Praline crunchers (Rachel) and mint drops (Tiffany)

No comments:

Post a Comment