Thursday, May 12, 2016

Oh these kids

All 4 quarters of 3rd grade Tate made the honor roll. And so far this year he is on track to do the same-



Fingers crossed for this last quarter...

I was never on the honor roll. Well, until college when I took school seriously and enjoyed learning. In fact, in 4th grade I got my first D on my report card- in spelling. It's crazy to think that Tate might get a D on his report card now. Blows my mind. Sure, sometimes he blows it and brings home lousy grades, especially in math, but your grades have to be consistently lousy to earn a D as your final grade. Ouch.

And I was a lousy reader too. I remember seeing the reading specialist, Mrs. Rebecchi, in elementary. She'd come into the classroom and pull me out to go work with her in her tiny little closet like office. I'd feel so special that she "chose" me, totally oblivious that I needed extra services.

Well, Tate and Macy have no issues with reading! Macy just tested at a 3rd grade level, and Tate is already reading at the middle of 6th grade. They don't get that from me.

We've set a record for rainfall recently with 15 days in a row of wet, dark, damp, dreary days. This picture was taken on 4/18, when it was warm enough for the kids to have water play outside. I just love how Tate and Joel match so well-

Macy brought home a very random story she wrote in class-

Love how Tate is "so weird." And that there is a statue of her grandfather in DC. Little liar. But props to Brian and me for being such a fun family!

Macy is no artist. This was her self portrait from art class-
 OUCH!

I was Splash for Art Night at school last week and Brian was able to finally capture a picture of me and the kids!
They are so proud that it's their mom in the suit. Only a few more years till everything I do is embarrassing I'm sure...

Some of the stuff Macy says is just funny:

A while back Macy had athlete's foot. She spends 3 hours a week at gymnastics, so I suspect that that is where it came from. Well, she was telling Tate that the condition is called "athlete's foot" and then quickly followed up with "Don't worry, you won't get it because you're not an athlete." OUCH!

Macy will eat almost anything, but can barely tolerate fish. She tried Swedish Fish for the first time and said "now I like fish!"

Since Macy was 1, she's loved this little doll that she calls Lulu. One day I overheard her say "Oh Lulu, I don't even know who your daddy is."

KIDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment