The Leadbetters had spring break in April and Sara had a business meeting here in Virginia- so of course we wanted to see them! She and Chris were doing to NYC as a family, and she and the kids were going to navigate their way down to Virginia alone. I did not tell my kids they were coming.... again. This is the 3rd time in less than 12 months I have been able to pull this off!
It was a Wednesday afternoon, which always equals no after school activities for us. Yippie! The kids got off the bus and took off to play outside with friends. Sara and I kept in contact about her ETA. I knew it was getting close, so I went and sat outside. Tate was across the street, playing in the neighbor front yard, so he could see our driveway perfectly. Macy however, was a few houses down.
Here they come! And oddly enough, here comes Macy too. Perfect timing kid. Tate notices a minivan pull into our driveway and looks over. He sees Sara get out, and his eyes get big. Then he sees Shane. Bigger eyes. And then Nick gets out and we hear "NICK!" And he comes running. Priceless.
She made it, over each and every bridge solo!
The boys still love playing dress up-
What's so funny about that picture is that Tate got those dress up clothes for his 5th birthday, as it was a super hero theme. He said he wanted to Nick to be Batman, and he would be Robin. That's just like Tate to do. Always giving the glory to someone else. Not a competitive bone in his body.
Here they are, lined up in order of age-
Always too much fun when we are together.
Thursday morning I had a doctors appointment, so Sara actually brought my kids to school! Saying goodbye wasnt too hard, as we knew we'd be seeing them again Friday night.
Sara was going to stay at Diane's on Friday night and invited us and the Robert's over for a little Germany reunion dinner. Too bad that Chris was missing-
The night turned late as we played some fun games all together, and Chris was still being missed-
I'd invited myself to sleep over with the kids, and Brian took an Uber car home (at about 2am) to the dogs...
Saturday morning came too soon and we said goodbye to Sara and the boys, knowing we won't see them again until August. Sob sob.
No comments:
Post a Comment