Sunday, June 5, 2016

Oh Kate Hudson

Who doesn't love Kate Hudson? She comes across as such a doll. Fun loving and so beautiful- inside and out. I saw an interview with her a few months back and she was promoting her new book-

I decided to get it from the library and see what it was all about. What I found inside were some great recipes for vegetable broth which is super easy and very tasty. 

 A cup of broth instead of lunch was surprisingly satisfying.

And a ginger detox tea-

A small juice glass of this every day is sure to cure you of most ailments and kill off anything your immune system might be trying to fight too.

Kate (yup, we are first namers) is big into living an ayurveda lifestyle- an Inidan holistic, healing system that believes in keeping a balance between mind, body and spirit. One of her favorite recipes I've been making is for Kitchari (or what Brian and I now call "hippie-mush")- 

The beauty of it is that no matter what your imbalance is, kitchari will help to balance it. It is tri-doshic, meaning it balances all three of the doshas. Kitchari is a simple dish made of mung beansand rice and it is used in Ayurveda to heal all that ails, kind of like chicken soup in the west.


And the truth is, it is simple and tasty. Think of it like oatmeal. In the morning, I put some pure maple syrup on it, and for lunch/dinner, I will add vegetable (that I used in making the vegetable broth)



I've also taken to drinking my black coffee with a teaspoon of Ghee (clarified butter) every day. Awesome for your digestive system! 

So... there you go. A few tips from me and Kate. All of the above, along with cutting out (most) sugar and alcohol (you all know I love a cookie with my coffee and a couple glasses of wine at night) seriously has been transforming. My mood is stable (and pleasant), my energy level is high, and no napping for days on end. SHOCKER! Now if only I could stick with it consistently.... Baby steps, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment