Our anniversary happened on Valentine's Day again this year. Looking back on the pictures, this is the only proof I have that either was celebrated! Here is the kids breakfast that morning, complete with the heart shaped donut for Valentines Day-
And I did a little soda sampler tasting bar for the kids that night-
Apparently I was craving comfort food? I think this was what I served for dinner one night when we hosted bible study...
This must have been the appetizer? Little bacon, cream cheese, jalapeƱo poppers
One Saturday after basketball we took the kids out for lunch- and they were excited to find a giant checker game to play-
And then we headed out on a gorgeous little hike-
One night we had fondue for dinner, which is always a fun hit in our house-
Brian lived in New Orleans for a year as a kid. His British mom adopted all the local customs quick, and in an effort to keep tradition alive, I got a King Cake for Fat Tuesday this year-
The kids each got a piece for breakfast, and I told them that who ever got the baby was the king (or queen) and could choose what we would eat for dinner that night... Would you believe there wasn't even a stupid little baby in that whole cake? I was furious and called the bakery to complain. They said we could come in and get a baby. We did just that. And when we got there- the manager had left, with the keys and the babies were locked up. Oh well. Better luck next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment