We got the kids out of school after lunch, ran home to get changed and then drove into the city. First step- medical clinic for their first of 3 rabies vaccines. WHAT?
Things I never thought I'd say as a parent "If you want to play with monkeys and baby tigers after we move, you've gotta get your rabies shots..."
Turns out you can contract rabies just by being licked by an animal. It is in their saliva, so you don't need to get bit to become infected. We are NOT taking that risk. The kids were troopers!
Brian picked a restaurant for us to go to for dinner before the show at the new Wharf waterfront area in DC. Some window shipping, a book store, and the fish market later, we went to the beautiful Del Mar for dinner.
It was a Spanish seafood restaurant and although Ive never been to Barcelona, I'd bet the ambiance and food here are quite the same.
The kids had never been to the Kennedy Center, so it was great to be able to have this experience with them.
Notice Macy's shoes above? And now notice them below-
She is not a dressy girl. She wore her high top Van's all the way until the show, and then changed into her "wedding shoes" to try to break them in. Check out the dress she originally had decided on for our evening out-
Man I thought that looked so great! But, in the last hour, she decided to change into something different... It's her prerogative I guess. Thanks Bobby Brown.
I didn't do so great picking our seats. While we were only in the 1st balcony, we were extremely left of the center stage-
Oh well. We absolutely saw enough. And Macy also saw Ivy, a friend and fellow classmate of hers from school-
Overall, CATS was very captivating and semi-confusing. The days leading up to the show we'd been listening to the soundtrack with the kids and also read to them as much as we could find about what the storyline actually was about... it certainly helped me! And now we all can't wait to see the upcoming movie.










No comments:
Post a Comment