Getting organized still! It's the little projects like hanging the nerf guns that make the BIGGEST impact sometimes-
Back in January our church was advertising for an upcoming 6 week training for women about discipleship/mentoring others and for some reason, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I do not know a single person at this very asian church, but I felt called to sign up for it... and boy am I glad that I did!
Sure- it was inconvenient. Brian had to drive me there each Saturday morning and I missed out on breakfast with the kids, and many of Macy's basketball games. But I just knew that all that was okay with God if I was strengthening my faith. It was a beautiful 5 weeks being amongst women of all nationalities, skin colors and various levels of faith. I say 5 weeks, because sadly the last week was virtual due to the corona virus. Ugh.
But what didn't stop in March because of corona was Stormy's birthday! She turned 17 on St Patrick's Day and probably had absolutely no clue that we sent her these special birthday treats-
Sue and Les are such wonderful adoptive parents and continue to keep us updated with lots of pics and videos of our old girl
A fun playdate next door with Soraya's family-
On the bottom is their Pembantu/nanny Acih, who we had the pleasure of working with when we first arrived. She was always so happy to help out how ever we needed her- and obviously, she's playful too!
Brian decided to plant a garden on our back terrace-
Oh wait, that is our gardener Kodir! HA. Okay, "they" planted a garden....
Here is Brian, he worked out there plenty too-
![]() |
| And at the beginning of corona, it was such a great distraction for him |
Tate started taking guitar this semester at school-
And I decided to scuba dive! In a beautiful pool-
Tate is going through scuba certification at school this semester, and both Brian and Macy want to start soon. I am on the fence... So, I heard about a 2 hour class which is 1 on 1 in a pool that allows you to learn some basics, try on the equipment and see if you freak out pretty much. Good news- I did well! I mostly hated it, but I did well. I used the mouth regulator, wore the tank, swam down to 12 feet, cleared my ears- and my mask! The mask work was the most frightening because you had to let water in 1/2 way, then all the way, then take off the mask and each time you had to recover. I wore my contacts and have NEVER swam with my eyes open, so these steps were especially difficult for me. BUT- I did it all. And while I would much rather snorkel, I don't want to miss out on the family adventures that we have ahead, so I'm all in. Reluctantly.
Once we moved in and were settled, we decided to have people over each weekend. We had two families two weeks in a row and had a blast. Then we decided to kick it up a notch and invite Brian's office over for a kind of "housewarming" and we expected about 40 people for dinner... It was so wonderful having Ani along side me to menu plan, shop and cook. We would have Americans and Indonesians from the office, and Ani was really looking forward to the evening, as the last family shed worked for didn't entertain like this at all. Then suddenly when all was bought and much prepped, the world came to a screeching halt and only had the office could come. We were disappointed, but I think Ani was the most disappointed honestly.
It turned out to be a lovely evening and somewhat intimate with just 5 couples, and only 1 of them bringing kids. It was such a greta mix of nationality's, races and ages all around our table for the very first time. And the kids did their own thing, all knowing each other and being of similar ages-
The picture above doesn't capture the fun they had! From running around the club to playing board games- even they didn't want the night to end.
Macy needs to see the dentist-
We kept hearing that with the world shutting down, pollution was at an all time low around the globe. Well, here is proof-
We rarely have to wear sunscreen while swimming because of the pollution layer which blocks the sunshine/UV rays (thank you?) so we knew times were changing when Macy got her first ever sunburn while living in the southern hemisphere!
But that didn't slow her down. New house, same trick-
This is totally safe, right?
Since Ani was now staying home, we were too. I found a fresh produce delivery service and gave it a try. All organic- even the basket I'd say!
Truth be told, I did have to text Ani a few pictures to ask her "what's this and how do I cook it?"
Some slow, family moments captured here the night before we evacuated-
Oh man how I will miss exactly this...












No comments:
Post a Comment