Monday, May 31, 2021

May stuff

Tate bought himself a compound bow- 


During the holy month of Ramadan, at many restaurants they will still serve you alcohol, but it must be disguised and hidden- in a tea cup-


At several restaurants, after they take your temp they put a small sticker on your back. And we hate finding these stickers hours later!


Brian and I enjoyed getting out a bit more and discovered several new restaurants during May- and a few new ones that we can walk to. Including a cool rooftop bar just a few minutes away by foot from our house. 


Brian went away for a couple of nights golfing with friends, and this was the bus that showed up one morning to take them from the hotel to the golf course-

How fitting for this group of party animals!

Brian took Tate for his first professional shave- 

Ani surprised us during Eidul Fitri and brought over homemade traditional holiday foods for us to try- 


It was all so amazing and such a thoughtful gesture for her to be thinking of us during her holiday celebrations. 

Ani is simply amazing. She is so much more than an employee, she feels like family. She does so much for us and our life here is better because she is part of it. So on her birthday this year, I wanted to make sure she knew how much we cherished her and make the fay very special for her. 

Macy made a sign for the door, and I hung our birthday wreath. She said seeing just that made her tear up. Then she came inside and we'd decorated the kitchen for her. We gave her a bonus, a gorgeous cake to take home to celebrate with her family, a box of chocolates and roses. She was in tears several times throughout the day and was just so surprised at what we had done for her. She deserved it all and it brought me such joy surprising her and making her feel cherished!

Orchids grow so well here- on our palm trees. I couldn't believe that we had 3 in bloom at the same time, all different colors. I love seeing them out the window. I'm actually looking out at them as I type- 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment