Sunday, June 13, 2021

Let's dive!

Since moving here, Brian has wanted get scuba certified to dive. Tate started the program at school in spring of 2020, then of course the world shut down and so did hi scuba class. I'm not a huge water sport lover, so I didn't think it'd be for me, but wasn't sure. Thankfully they offer a 2 hour pool session for people like me. I took that spring of 2020, and I was so glad I did. It gave me a real taste of everything, and I was able to decide that it just wasn't for me. 

So this spring was the time for scuba! Brian arranged everything so that they could all do it together in 3 parts- 1: the academic stuff from home, about 10 hours
2: the pool stuff, 1 long 9 hour day
3: 4 open water dives in the ocean over 2 days

Here we go! There were lots of afternoons and evenings spent learning in the living room: 




Part 2- time to practice what they'd learned in the pool with their new instructor, Pak Franki



Part 3 will come in 2 weeks when we go out to the 1000 Islands (2 hours from Jakarta via boat) where they will complete 4 dives over 2 days with Pak Franki and hopefully get certified! I'm so happy that they have this chance finally and are learning a new lifelong skill that they can use all across the world. And to do it alongside their dad is so special. Such a great opportunity for these brave kids of ours. We've already been talking about how they will be able to dive the next time we go back to Monterey!

No comments:

Post a Comment