I knew within the first month that the job I took at the embassy here (Assistant Coordinator in the Community Liaison Office or CLO) wasn't really going to be the ideal position for me. But, there was a huge need for this position to be filled and I knew I could help a lot of people in our community. So, challenge accepted. And there are some future employment benefits with the State Department if you work as a civil servant for a minimum of 12 months. So not knowing what my future career might be, I did not want to throw away any opportunities.
And while I did not love every day, I liked most. I do think I made an impact and strengthen our community. And I worked not only my 12 months, but 15 months. Amazing right? Ha! A friend said they really should have given me a "15 months of service" pin.
While Brian and I did not work along side each other, it sure was great to work in the same mission together. He helped me tremendously, and I'd say I helped him a teeny tiny bit too. And although he was often already working during our alone time in the car during our morning commute, I will miss that time together-


No comments:
Post a Comment